Saturday, May 5, 2012

A DT project for Creating is Fun! (Altered Box using Prima Romantique paper)

So it's my Mom's birthday on Tuesday & I wanted to make something for her instead of buying something random from the store. I decided to alter a box, which is my FIRST altered project. I've only ever made cards & scrapbook pages. I really like how it turned out & hopefully she will too!

Here's a couple pictures of what I started out with!
Plain white box, purchased at Michaels for a couple dollars

Prima Romantique paper, cut to fit the box and some Core'dinations paper to match.
(I think the color is Satin Rose)

And here's my finished project!








On the inside lid of the box is a frame for putting pictures in!
All my mom has to do is slip the picture under the lace and voila!
(That way she can change it as often as she likes!)

So here's what I used!
  • White plain box- Michaels
  • Prima Romantique & Core'Dinations paper from my local craft store (see photos above)
  • Flowers & Pearls- Recollections
  • Beaded Trim- Joann's
  • Misc. seam binding (Coral is the color I think!)
  • Lace trim- Creating is Fun
  • Tim Holtz Foundations- Box Feet
Go check out the Zibbet shop for some amazing lace, trims & buttons!
Martha is having a weekend sale in honor of National Scrapbooking Day

15% your next order and free gift with purchase!!code: NSC15


Well that's it for today. I hope everyone enjoyed looking at my project!
If you have any questions about what I did, feel free to leave me a comment!







1 comment:

  1. I so love this box, it is so pretty and feminine, love the vintage. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is GREATLY appreciated. :)